Act with ASF
ASF is particularly looking for ...
- For Pilots
• Computers, Air conditioners
• A person qualified in the modification of the painting of planes in “Flight Simulator 2004 "
• Volunteers to lead the e-aviation activities based on the use of Microsoft flight simulator FS 9.
If you are an aeronautics professional (or retired), or a member of a flying club or of a simulation association,
you then have all the requested skills to perform this task ! .
- Around thirty PCs with FS 2004 are installed at the Toussus-le-Noble platform.
- About a dozen PCs are installed in the premises of E-aviation of Nantes
Contact : Alain Mérour : 06 89 89 64 50 or WRITE_US (option : e-aviation)
We are looking for volunteers to carry out the delivery of parcels and surgical or medical equipment onboard flights departing from Roissy Charles de Gaulle airport. This activity is performed jointly and with the agreement of customs authorities. The operation takes place twice a week, one day from 6.30am to midday and the other day during daytime.
Contact : Claude Giraud 06 26 01 35 13 or 01 49 75 74 36 or by Internet : WRITE_US (option medical supplies)
According to our humanitarian need; we recruit pilots on a regular basis.
The criteria are:
• be a member of ASF,
• be under 65 years old
• be licensed as a French commercial pilot (PP) or European (CPL)
• be qualified “instrument flight rules” (IR)
• have passed medical fitness class 1
• holding the MCC certificate (multi crew cockpit). (Although the caravan is a single-pilot certified aircraft, ASF operates it in multi-pilot),
• have a minimum of 450 flying hours.
Furthermore, each new pilot leaving on a first mission will carry out, at its expense, a flight evaluation with one of ASF experienced and appointed pilot.
Among other skills, you will be evaluated on your ability to perform the following tasks:
• steep approach.
• short landing.
• specific tests to the particular conditions of our missions in inhospitable areas.
In all cases, possession of a European license is required (the planes are
under French registration
1. Your application form will only be considered if you are an ASF member and you meet the minimum criteria
2. Your application will then be put on a waiting list,
2. According to our need and following the order of priority, you will be contacted
3. Evaluation with a flight test
4. Followed by the Cessna Caravan’ theoretical and practical qualification.
The duration of the assignment is 6 weeks.
Volunteers benefiting from reduced fares (granted to airline's staff) having skills on Cessna Grand Caravan 208
to undertake missions of a few days in Africa.
An avionic technician volunteer licensed in Part 66 B2
ASF airplanes: 2 Cessna 208B Grand Caravan turboprop 675 HP, 9 seats
Professional: Part 66 B2 license
Ideal profile: An active or retired airline employee benefiting from discounted air fares (R2)
Location: Paris area
- be available for short regular and voluntary missions (3 to 6 days), in the ASF Part 145 workshop in
Kinshasa (DRC) and for the planning/preparation of the visits in Orly.
- be in possession of a valid passport
- be vaccinated against yellow fever
Contact : Denis Pourtau : Tel. 06 33 53 45 91 or Tel. 01 49 75 74 31
or by e-mail to "pourtaudenis chez hotmail.com" or WRITE_US (option maintenance)
Volunteers preferably living in Paris area
• to take charge of the maintenance of the computer equipment (hardware and software). At present we have a
network of around thirty PCs linked via RJ45 and sharing the internet connection.
• provide assistance or assume responsibility of the ASF website, in particular for drafting a
page permitting a simplified updating (by using CGL, PHP or ASP)
• to use ACCESS and the language PHP, and in the use of FLASH
• Inverters (5 to 10 KVA): we are setting up a server system and to enhance reliability of the whole we are
searching for some inverters
• 100 switches (or more)
• heating / air conditioning equipment for our premises in Toussus-le-Noble (2 to 3 air conditioners,
1 to 2 KW each)
Contact: Alain Mérour: 06 89 89 64 50 or WRITE_US (option webmaster)
• Administrative procedures, in particular to collect passports and visas from Paris embassies or consulates and
deliver them to Orly during the day.
• Management of the shop store articles,
• Secretarial department,
• Phone answering
• Miscellaneous administrative assistance